Ok, So the Day after the Dance proved to be a busy one so you are getting 2 posts in ONE DAY! However, wow what a wonderful time we had Saturday night with our friends at the Beta Sigma Phi Sweetheart Ball. Our sweetheart Kelly Bell represented us beautifully! This is an annual event with my International Women’s group and it’s always a wonderful time of Laughter, Fun and Dancing!
The event itself was my inspiration for today’s card made with the stamp set Beautiful You! Because life should be made up of moments that make you want to Dance!!!
- Cut a 8 ½” x 5 ½” piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock – fold in half and crease with bone folder to make card base. This is a Portrait style card
- With the 3″ x 3″ square Framelit – cut out a hole in FRONT piece of the card base – aligning it about ¾” from the top and sides of the cardstock.
- Cut a 5” x 6” piece of Whisper White cardstock; Score at 2” and 4” and then Zig Zag fold (the top edge should be on the bottom layer to the right.
- Place Tear & Tape on the BACK of the Bottom layer ONLY then adhere it to the inside back of the card base; leaving approximately a ¼” border.
- With the same Framelit cut a 3″ x 3″ piece of Tempting Turquoise cardstock – set a side
- With the Scalloped edged 3″ x 3″ Framelit – cut a square of Whisper White cardstock
- With the Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight and Pacific Point Water color pencils; starting about 1/8” from the top of the paper and lightly move the pencil from left to right in the order listed. Making the Daffodil section slightly longer. Then take a Blender Pen and swipe over the pencil to blend the colors together.
- Then stamp the “Dancing Lady” in Memento ink over the top.
- Adhere to the Tempting Turquoise layer
- Put Tear & Tape on the back-right side of the piece and then adhere it to the Whisper White cardstock on the inside of the card – it is easiest to line up by closing the card and adhering the piece thru the square cut on the front of the card.
- Embellish Girl with Clear Wink of Stella
- Adhere Glimmer paper to a Multipurpose Adhesive Cut out the word Celebrate and adhere to the card front
- Stamp the words “Happy Birthday Gorgeous” in Tempting Turquoise ink on the 2nd flap and the words “Life Look Beautiful on you” on the back flap inside of the card.
Trivia Feb 10th – The Farmer’s Almanac says “If a woman sees a robin on Valentine’s Day she will marry a ..???” A Sailor
Trivia Feb 11th – What dance Style is considered the Dance of Love? Tango, Rumba or Waltz?
Fun Fact – Penicillin was introduced on February 14th in 1929.
Don’t forget to send your Trivia response to Sherri@SherrisStampStudio.com – will you be one of my 14 Winners for this Trivia contest? All you have to do is respond the question and get it correct to be entered in the drawing! I will give 14 hand made greeting cards to the winners!
Other Things to remember this month…
Please use hostess code GGGCRGCR when you order online in February! For the Month of February ANYONE Who Places an order in my ONLINE Store of $50 or More (Before Shipping and Handling) and uses the HOSTESS CODE – will earn a Free set of 5 Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes for you to create your own designs with! IMPORTANT NOTE: My FREE bonus gifts will be mailed separately from your order and will be sent out in mid March.
If your order is $150 or more – Skip the hostess code. Enter the order on it’s own and you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up! That’s an additional discount on your shopping!
Click here to join my Stamp Club and get free products and projects. They meet once a month and are focused on great Techniques!
Now Go out and Dance!