Happy Valentine’s Day to all my friends! I hope you have a wonderful day no matter who your Valentine is! We are so excited that we get to spend the next couple of days with our best Friends who are in town visiting. Remember this is the last day for my Valentine Trivia contest. I will post on Friday the winners of the 14 Free Cards. Remember to submit your answer TODAY to be entered to win!
Trivia Feb 13th – How many people buy their pets a gift on Valentine`s Day? 9 Million people will give their PETS’ a gift today! Amazing
Trivia Feb 14th – How many states have a town named Valentine? One Three Six Ten
Fun Fact – Every year New York’s Empire State Building is illuminated on Valentine’s Day with a Giant Heart! Think Sleepless in Seattle!
Don’t forget to send your Trivia response to [email protected] – will you be one of my 14 Winners for this Trivia contest? All you have to do is respond the question and get it correct to be entered in the drawing! I will give 14 hand made greeting cards to the winners!
Today’s card is a fun Friends card that we made in my club this past week. The fold was a quest from one of my students. I encourage them to share things with me that they want to learn, that is one of the joys in joining one of my clubs.
I am starting a new Club Rotation in March if you want to learn the cool techniques that I am sharing on my Blog in person. Email me at [email protected]udio.com. The clubs meet once a month on the First Sunday from 6 – 8 pm and the First Monday from 10 am – noon! It’s fun to stamp with Friends and share ideas! We make 3 cards each month with different techniques, like this one with our new Brusho Crystals.
- Cut a 4 ¼” x 11″ piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock; scored at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”; fold in a Z Shape
- Cut a 3 ½” x 10 ¼” piece of Night of Navy cardstock; score at 2 ¾” and 5 ½”: fold in a Z Shape so that the Larger panel is the Top panel;
- Using the Laying Leaves embossing folder emboss the whole piece while FOLDED; the larger panel should be facing UP and should go into the folder’s crease;
- Place Tear & Tape on the back side of the Night of Navy piece at the Top and Bottom of the panel; then it on top of the Daffodil piece leaving an even border on all sides.
- Cut a 2 ¾” x 4” piece of Watercolor Paper; Stamp the Large Butterfly with VersaMark and emboss with Gold Embossing Powder – do this twice both being stamped OFF the paper.
- Stamp 2 Small Butterflies and emboss
- Color the Butterflies with Brusho Crystals
- Use a Stamping Block – Tap a small amount of the colors you want to use on the block
- Use an Aqua painter and slightly wet the crystals – once wet they will turn into a paint like liquid. Paint onto the Watercolor paper. Be sure to CLEAN The painted between colors so they don’t bleed together.
- Adhere the large piece to the front of the card with Tear & Tape
- Cut out the two small butterflies and adhere to the front with Dimensionals;
- Embellish with Basic Pearls
- Stamp 2 Small Butterflies and emboss
- Stamp the words “Friends are kind to …“ with VersaMark on Night of Navy cardstock and emboss in Gold
- Punch out with the Everyday Label punch & adhere to the front of the card with Dimensionals.
- Cut Two (2) – 2 ¼” x 2 ¾” pieces of Very Vanilla cardstock
- Stamp the words “ I love having a friend like you” with Night of Navy ink
- Stamp a couple of small Butterflies with Daffodil Delight
- Adhere to the center panel
- Adhere to 2nd piece to the lower panel
Other Things to remember this month…
Please use hostess code GGGCRGCR when you order online in February! For the Month of February ANYONE Who Places an order in my ONLINE Store of $50 or More (Before Shipping and Handling) and uses the HOSTESS CODE – will earn a Free set of 5 Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes for you to create your own designs with! IMPORTANT NOTE: My FREE bonus gifts will be mailed separately from your order and will be sent out in mid March.
If your order is $150 or more – Skip the hostess code. Enter the order on it’s own and you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up! That’s an additional discount on your shopping!
Click here to join my Stamp Club and get free products and projects. They meet once a month and are focused on great Techniques! I am getting ready to start a new Club series in March that will run March thru August. My clubs meet the 1st Sunday from 6 – 8 pm or the First Monday from 10 am – noon.
Happy Valentine’s Day My Friends!