Happy Monday everyone, I hope you had a great weekend! Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that gets mixed reactions from people. Some are fans and some are not but either way it is supposed to be a holiday celebrating love and happiness. Today’s card is an Anniversary card that was created with our Painted With Love Designer Series Paper!
This is a really cool card because its a Bridge Fold Card that one of my customers asked me to teach.
- Cut a 4 ¼” x 8” piece of Rich Razzleberry cardstock; score at 1 ¼”, 2 ½”, 5 ½” and 6 ¾”
- Fold and crease the score lines so you have the shorter ends in the front and the larger panel set back.
- Cut 2 pieces of the White w/Small Hearts DSP 1” x 4”; Adhere to the two small panels
- Cut a 2 3/4” X 4” piece of the Wavy DSP; adhere to the inside panel
- Cut a 1 1/8” x 5 ½” strip of Rich Razzleberry; set aside
- Cut 1” x 5 3/8” piece of Whisper White cardstock;
- stamp the words “Congratulations” in the center with Rich Razzleberry ink; adhere to Rich Razzleberry cardstock;
- Adhere to the card base by putting Tear & Tape just on the ends and adhered this strip to the panel, so that only the ends are attached to the card base – Fold the panel to the Right to attach
- Cut out 2 of the 1 ½” Hearts from Gold Foil
- Cut out 2 of the 1 1/8” Hearts from one of the DSP papers in the pack;
- Layer Hearts and then adhere to either side of the banner
- Stamp the words “Some things are just meant to be…” on a scrap of Whisper White cardstock with Rich Razzleberry ink;
- Cut out with the 2 ½” Heart Framelit; adhere to Inside panel with Dimensionals
- Cut a 2 3/4” x 4”piece of Whisper White cardstock
- Stamp the Heart Cluster in the top left and bottom right corner with Rich Razzleberry ink; Stamping off the paper just slightly; Adhere to the back of the card
This card is SO Easy to Make and it fits right into a Standard Stampin Up Envelope!
- Trivia – Feb 4 – Has Valentine’s Day ever been a Religious Holiday? This is just like my question at Christmas about the Tree Topper… Your response will depend on who you are! Here is conflicted information on the same website! So I am giving a ticket to anyone who responded either way yesterday!
Originally a Christian holiday, Valentine’s Day is a celebration of romantic love occurring annually on February 14. Although its origin is associated by legend Saint Valentine in Roman Catholicism, the fact is Valentine’s Day is not a religious holiday and never really has been. Valentine’s Day has historical roots mainly in Greco-Roman pagan fertility festivals and the medieval notion that birds pair off to mate on February 14.
- Trivia – How much does the average person spend on Valentine’s Day? $75 $100 $150 $200
Remember to Email your Trivia Answer to me at Sherri@SherrisStampStudio.com to be Entered in the drawing to get Free Greeting Cards at the completion of my 14 Days of Valentine Trivia! No purchase necessary to play a long, so everyone is eligible to Win!
- Fun Fact – St. Valentine’s Day falls on February 14th of each year. Although the name is Saint Valentine’s Day, most people refer to the day as Valentine’s Day, or even the Feast of Saint Valentine. It was originally a day to celebrate Saint Valentinus, who performed weddings for soldiers who were not allowed to marry. He was imprisoned for this, as well as for ministering to Christians. Saint Valentinus wrote a letter to the daughter of his jailer before he was executed. His letter was signed ‘From your Valentine’. He was buried on February 14th. Valentine’s Day was not associated with romantic love until the middle ages. By the 1700s in England it began to resemble the Valentine’s Day we know today. At this time lovers began to express their love with gifts of flowers, candy and cards, which were called ‘valentines’.
Things to remember this month…
- Please use hostess code GGGCRGCR when you order online in February! For the Month of February ANYONE Who Places an order in my ONLINE Store of $50 or More (Before Shipping and Handling) and uses the HOSTESS CODE – will earn a Free set of 5 Whisper White Note Cards and Envelopes for you to create your own designs with! IMPORTANT NOTE: My FREE bonus gifts will be mailed separately from your order and will arrive mid-month (March) following when it was earned. Watch for a new Special each Month!
- If your order is $150 or more – Skip the hostess code. Enter the order on it’s own and you’ll earn hostess credit through Stampin’ Up! That’s an additional discount on your shopping!
- Click here to join my Stamp Club and get free products and projects. They meet once a month and are focused on great Techniques!
- JOIN MY Team and get all your products at 20% off or MORE! There is nothing better than becoming a Sapphire!
Happy Stampin my Friends!
and Here’s to an Amazing February Together!